We require location permissions so that in an emergency we can send an approximate GPS location to your emergency contacts. We will only ever use your location in an emergency, and at no other time.
If you're using iOS 12 or below:
When you open the app dashboard (homepage), you will be shown the 'allow tended to access your location' -> choose always allow.
If you choose don't allow:
- Pair your device and start an activity.
- You will see a pop up dialog, choose open settings..
- Tap location -> tap 'always'.
If you're using iOS 13 or above:
- Open your dashboard (the homepage of the Tended app).
- Choose 'when using app' when asked about location permissions.
- You will now need to manually change the settings again in your phone settings.
- Open your phone settings -> scroll to the Tended app -> tap location -> tap 'always'.
This is because Apple have changed the way they manage permissions, and will not allow you to set the permissions to 'always' through the app. If you do not set it to always, when the app is in the background or your phone is locked it will not share your location, even in the event of an emergency.
We will remind you about this before starting an activity if it's not active.
Note: You may be asked from time to time to check on this setting. This is due to the way iOS devices now manage permissions. We only track location data in event of an emergency, and never share it with anyone except your trusted contacts.