Once you have paired your Protect, you can begin an activity and take advantage of the range of safety features the Protect offers.
The following steps will show you how to start an activity:
1. Open the app and select the activity icon (the little arrow on the board).
2. If you've used the app before, you will now see a list of previous activities. Selecting one of these activities will allow you to quickly start with the safety features you previously enabled. If you haven't started any activities yet, this will be blank.
3. To start a new activity, select the “+” symbol (on Android devices) or the “New activity” button (on iOS).
4. This displays a list of default activities to choose from, which can be edited to suit your needs by selecting one.
- To create your own activity, scroll down to the bottom of the list and select "Create custom activity", where you can choose which safety features you want to use.
- We always recommend editing a pre-set activity to your needs rather than creating a "custom activity", as the pre-sets have more accurate fall detection machine learning.
5. Add in any notes about your activity, such as the trail you're on, where you expect to be (such as a certain park or your home) or how long you expect to be out.
- We strongly recommend putting some information here as it might help your emergency contact if needed.
6. Add up to three emergency contacts. If you've set them up, you can choose them from the list. If you'd like to add a new one, tap the "+" and enter their information.
7. Check all the information and safety features are as you'd like, then press start activity and get going!